Church Bulletin Bloopers
The following are some actual bloopers from church newspapers. It's amazing what a little proof-reading
may have prevented:
- Don't forget the National Prayer & Fasting Conference. The cost for attending the Fasting and
Prayer conference includes meals.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is Hell?" Come early and listen to
our choir practice.
- Miss Charlene Mason sang, "I Will Not Pass This Way Again," giving obvious pleasure to the
- The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.
- Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
- The Rector will preach his farewell message after which the choir will sing "Break Forth into Joy."
- Don't let worry kill you - let the Church help.
- Irving Benson and Jessica Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship
that began in their school days.
- Eight new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new members and the deterioration of some older ones.
- Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 p.m. - prayer and medication to follow.
- Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 8 p.m. Please use the back door.
- The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespear's "Hamlet" in the Church basement on Friday at
7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- The Sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water." The sermon tonight will be: "Searching for